Another recipe than can be made in under 20mins. I really love rice, but my body has never really agreed with it. Plus (white rice especially) is processed food that has little nutritional value. In fact, a study in 2010 found that replacing white rice with alternatives can help to reduce the risk of developing type 2 diabetes. The problem is, it just goes so well with everything! So I found this rice substitute that is super easy to make and takes exactly like the real thing but without the refined sugar and carbs!
You can use this rice as healthy substitute for many dishes.. like risotto, with curry etc.
For the rice:
1 large cauliflower
1. Shred the cauliflower by hand using a grater or in a food processer until it is the size of rice.
2. Microwave in a covered dish for about 5-10 mins and fluff with a fork
3. Season with salt and pepper
For the courgettes:
2 tablespoons miso
1 tablespoon honey (or agave nectar for vegans)
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
2 courgettes, cut into slices
1. Mix together miso, agave nectar, soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce
2. Lightly brush sliced courgettes with mixture. Grill and cook 5 to 6 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally.
3. Pour on rest of miso glaze and serve immediately.