I invented this basically because there was a butternut squash reduced for 10p but it ended up being one of the nicest things I have made. It tastes like christmas so is the perfect warming autumn meal.
1 butternut squash
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 handful dried cranberries
1 handful roughly chopped pecans
1 pinch chilli flakes
Splash cranberry juice
1 tablespoon honey
1. Cut squash in half, place both halves on a baking tray and roast until in oven for 30mins, until tender.
2. Scoop out the flesh and roughly mash, maintaining the shape of the skin and set aside.
3. Transfer the flesh to a large pan, then add leeks, and cinnamon; cook until leeks are soft.
4. Add the dried cranberries and pecans and chilli flakes.
5. Stir in honey and cranberry juice, coating all mixture.
6. Spoon mixture back into the squash skin to serve and season with salt and pepper